I’ve never really fully embraced the whole fun food art scene. I love looking and admiring the great creations from bloggers but I never really get creative myself. Perhaps it is because I’m lucky that both boys eat so well and I don’t have to, or maybe it is because I always feel rushed getting food out to them. Patience is not one of their strengths!
At Christmas last year I got into making fun Christmas snacks for Finn. He really enjoyed making and eating them and so I’ve decided to get creative for halloween too, keeping it as healthy as I can.
This was a quick lunch that I made the boys. Hummus spread on toast with courgette ribbons and olive eyes. Little Mummy toast fingers! I don’t think Finn actually knows what a Mummy is but he thought they were fun.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 courgette
- 2 olives (stuffed with p)
- Toast the slices of bread and cut off the crusts
- Spread with some hummus and then slice in half
- Peel the courgette to remove the skin and then peel into the flesh to obtain white "bandage" strips
- Place the courgette strips on the toast to represent a Mummy
- Slice the olives and place on the toast to represent the eyes.