We love curry; hot curries packed with chilli and strong flavours. Once Finn started eating with us we thought we should tame the curries down a bit…… after all, a lot our friends and family couldn’t handle the heat so it wasn’t really fair to expect our one year old to enjoy them! This was the first mild curry I had ever made and we all really enjoy it. The sultanas and apples add a lovely sweet taste to make this a truly delicious dish for kids. Its a firm favourite of Finn’s (as you can probably tell from the photos!)
Note: Check the ingredients of the different brands of curry powder. Some have salt pretty high up in the ingredient list and also have added sugar.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 chicken breasts - sliced
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 1 small apple - peeled and cubed
- 80g sultanas
- 3 tbsp mild curry powder
- 200g passata (or tinned chopped tomatos)
- 200g chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and heat until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides then add the peppers and stir in the curry powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce thickens and the the chicken is cooked through.