These Zucchini Bites are made from zucchini, cheese, eggs and oats. Delicious hot or cold and perfect as a snack or part of a packed lunch.
At Christmas I made carrot stars for Finn and they were an instant hit. They have also been super popular on the blog and I’ve received a lot of positive feedback on them. Last week I decided to make them with zucchini and they were equally delicious.
So, as I live in Scotland, you may be wondering why I’ve decided to name these Zucchini bites and not Courgette Bites. Well, I’ve decided to switch up the lingo as we are moving to Australia in a few months. Have I mentioned we are moving to Australia?! (I’m only the tiniest bit RIDICULOUSLY excited by this!) So with this in mind and also the fact my highest percentage of traffic comes from the USA I decided to name them Zucchini Bites. Regardless of what you wish to call them – courgette or zucchini bites – you and your kids are sure to love them!
To ensure these work then it is super important to squeeze the water out of the zucchini. I place the grated zucchini onto a clean dish cloth and squeezed the water out this way. Get your kids to help – Finn loves doing this! Once they are dry it is just a case of mixing them with the remaining ingredients, forming the bites and then baking.
- 250g grated zucchini (150g (3/4 cup) squeezed dry)
- 70g (1/2 cup) cheddar cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp oat flour
- ½ tsp italian seasoning (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4
- Place the zucchini on a clean cloth and squeeze out the liquid. (You need to get the zucchini quite dry)
- Place the zucchini back in the bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper or use a silicon baking sheet
- Form ½ tbsp balls and flatten into rounds onto the baking sheet. (Mine were around ½ cm thick and I made 20)
- Bake for approx. 13 mins (until crispy on the sides)